Saturday, January 14, 2012

Author interview with Madison Daniel and his books Ember Series!!!

Here is another amazing interview I had the pleasure of doing with Madison Daniel author of Ember Series soon to be re released in spring 2012!!!

1- So now that you are signed to an Indie publisher how have things changed for you?

A: Things have been fantastic! So busy but happy. My new publisher, Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing have embraced my writing and made me feel welcome and part of a literary family. I’m part of an amazing team and I think the quality of books and merchandise will reflect that. There is so much on the horizon I can’t wait to share with my Ember Heads!

2- With the new release of Ember coming up do you have any hopes for you book and or goals?

A: Yes. I hope that the relaunch of Ember will expose many more people to my series. The new book cover alone has stirred so much excitement for the re-release in March. I plan on stoking the fires all year with promotion of Ember, readying Downpour (book 2) for the world and finishing the third book in the Ember series, Aftershock.

3- Since your writing a short story for my upcoming book Soul Game do you care to share some of the storyline with your fans?!!

A: I won’t go into too many details, I don’t want to spoil any surprises in the story. But I will tell you this...it’s dark...it’s sexy...and it is like nothing I have written before. My short is called Temptation Waits and has a mini musical playlist. I am completely infatuated with the main character, Neve. She is so overwhelmingly fun to write that I think I may carry on her “saga” after the release of her short story. I’m already plotting out a possible trilogy with the haunting world she inhabits. I am so proud of this upcoming short story and I thank you for guiding me in the direction to discover Neve and her trials.

4- Well I know I want to know and fans as well I’m sure what makes you tick? What do you do to relax, for fun, hobbies aside from rocking your amazing stories?

A: Hmmm...I play guitar and sing a little (even though I have been neglecting that side of me lately)! Sometimes I draw to center my racing thoughts (and sadly I have been neglecting that also). I’m a gamer (XBOX, PS3, etc.) and I enjoy a relaxing round of golf every now and again.

5- What can we look forward to in the future of your stories?

A: Plenty of twists and turns in my storytelling. More musical playlists. Hopefully my first Adult book (It’s in the horror/thriller genre). A few literary surprises I have started with my Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly sisters Alexia Purdy, Jenna Kay, Kyani Swanigan and Linna Drehmel.

6- Are you thinking of signing any of your other books with publishers?

A: That would be fantastic. My next series, 13 Breaths, is almost ready to start submitting. Right now my plate is pretty full with relaunching my series and all the doors that are opening because of it. So freakin excited!

7- So leaving off here have you any parting wisdom for the young or aspiring authors?

A: Write what you feel. Believe in your words. Embrace the future of books. And finally...edit, edit, edit...then edit some more. I hope to see you on an upcoming book tour! M.D.



Ember: Book One in the Ember Series...March 16th 2012.

2 comments: